I'm Chris Morrow, and I am honored and humbled to be chosen as Carl Brewer’s running mate, and I look forward to helping get him elected Governor, and serving as his Lt. Governor for the Great State of Kansas.
It was my great pleasure to get to know Carl while serving as Mayor of Gardner, KS.
First however, here are some things to know about me. I’m a third-generation Kansan, raised in Roeland Park with three siblings, by our parents, Louis a union railroad worker, and Pat a medical assistant. (my mom later earned her RN at 54 years of age) After graduation from Bishop Miege High School, I served our country in the United States Navy and was honorably discharged. For more than a dozen years my wife Melissa and I have enjoyed calling Gardner home. Between us we have six children. All of them have graduated from public schools with our youngest graduating from Gardner Edgerton High School in 2017.
The direction my career took after my enlistment in the Navy ended was in the employment agency industry, and I was involved with it for more than 25 years. I worked for small and medium sized businesses, and large publicly traded corporations. My career in employment led me to assume many roles, including but not limited to: recruiter, business development manager, branch office manager, district manager, and executive and business owner. Earlier this year I received my real estate license and I’m now an agent for Keller Williams Realty.
In April of 2013, I was elected Mayor of Gardner and proudly served until my term ended on January 8, 2018. Prior to becoming mayor, I was elected at-large to the Gardner City Council. I was also elected by my fellow councilmembers to serve as council vice president, and I held that position for nearly a year.
- Best City for Young Families
- Safest Small Towns in Kansas
- Safest and Most Peaceful Places to Live in Kansas
- Best Cities to Raise a Family in Kansas
- 3rd Fastest Growing City in Kansas
- 4th Fastest Growing City in Kansas City
As mayor, I have been actively involved in city, regional and state organizations involved in planning, economic development, municipal policy and leadership. This involvement includes:
- Kansas Mayors Association – Northeast Regional Chairman
- Mid-America Regional Council – Board of Directors
- Southwest Johnson County Economic Development Corporation – Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Kansas Municipal Utilities – Board of Directors
- Johnson County Commission on Aging – Board Member
- Gardner Edgerton High School Site Council – Member
- Boy Scouts of America- Heart of America Council, Iron Horse District – Honorary Member
For many years, I have also belonged to and served numerous community service, and political organizations, including:
- American Legion LeRoy Hill Post 19
- Gardner Rotary Club
- Gardner-Edgerton Chamber of Commerce – Ambassador
- Johnson County Kansas Democratic Party Executive Board – Vice-Chair
- Kansas Democratic Party Third Congressional District Executive Committee – Board Member
For the past dozen years I've seen the City of Gardner succeed just as Carl Brewer has in Wichita. This happened for both our cities during tough times in our Nation, and our State.
This election year, it's time to rally behind Carl and let's all work together to get Kansas back on track.